Helios : 2002 Plastics Industry Awards
Best Industrial Product
FSW assisted Siemens Traffic Controls in the development of an innovative signal head assembly. Following extensive market research with traffic engineers throughout the UK FSW delivered a product offering a wide range of improvements over current signal head designs.
- > Innovative modular system with unique anti-impact feature, providing protection against damage from a glancing blow.
- > 3 patents granted.
- > The project time plan was compressed using con-current engineering methods from an estimated in-house lead-time of 36 months to 9 months.
- > Launched at the NEC's Traffex exhibition, FSW produced a digital presentation that comprised of high quality animations combined with corporate footage and voice-over.
- > Since it's launch, Helios has become a leading product and allowed Siemens to enter the lucrative Greater London market.
- > In 2002 FSW Design were awarded the Plastics industry award for the high quality of polymer engineering applied to Helios.